Saturday, February 16, 2013

SNOW COVERED TREE


 
SNOW   COVERED   TREE
  A poem by mmichelle97219 (01/20/2009)
 
Oh, snow covered tree on a winter morn
You’re a gorgeous reminder of a wicked storm
 
 You stand so tall with proud beauty
A sight for all to stop and see
 
 You gently dance with winter’s wind
You never break, but slightly bend
 
 You give me a smile of pure delight
As your ice crystals sparkle in the light
 
 Oh, snow coved tree on crisp winter morn
A reminder that winter is not to be mourned
 
 
I have always found snow covered trees to be so beautiful, especially when there is a group of them as in the above picture.  The density of the snow is thick, so much that you can almost breathe in the snow.  As a boy growing up, we had huge tall bushes out by the back door which created a canopy during a wet soft snow.  They were gorgeous as was Jack Frost on our kitchen windows.  I found the picture and poem online. Have a nice winter weekend!!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I can feel the stillness and silence that a snow cover brings. It's very surreal to be out after a heavy snow...almost other wordly.

Kim said...

Very nice blog, Sir Thomas! I am so glad you let me know about this new resurrected one!
Maybe my dream was telling me to just look into the mirror and I will be inspired to shed some of this weight that has appeared from nowheresville!

Kim said...

Very nice blog, Sir Thomas! I am so glad you let me know about this new resurrected one!
Maybe my dream was telling me to just look into the mirror and I will be inspired to shed some of this weight that has appeared from nowheresville!

DeniseinVA said...

Hi there, nice to meet you Sir Thomas. I've enjoyed my visit here and have become one of your followers. I enjoyed the poem too.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

So amazing...I wish I were standing in that picture!

Amanda Summer said...

gorgeous images and words of frozen beauty.

Zuzana said...

Beautiful poem and image, I too find snow covered trees absolutely alluring - there is an enchantment, almost a fair tale beauty in their ivory attire.;)
xoxo

TexWisGirl said...

lovely frosted trees! thanks for sharing!

and for stopping in today!

Aspeak said...

Thank you for such a great opportunity to write on here, I have been battling with herpes and diabetes all those while and that was the reason I have being around internet for awhile but I'm well and cured now by Dr Itua herbal medicine that I ordered through https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/ and Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com a great herbal doctor, I'm so grateful to Dr Itua for his great herbal work. Dr Itua assure me that he can also cure all sort of disease with his herbal medicines like ALS,Herpes,Diabetes,Cancer,Arthritis and other diseases. I wish is anyone here sick wellness through Dr Itua herbal doctor.